Head of Vocational Delivery
Salary: £42 – 45k
Prevista Ltd, United House, North Road, Islington, London, N7 9DP
With over 20 years of experience of delivering government funded programmes, Prevista is an OFSTED grade 2 company with a multi-disciplined team of people. The principles of Ofsted in terms of high standards of quality permeate the whole company
Following the arrangements of a new apprenticeship levy, we are seeking an ambitious Head of Vocational Delivery to head up Skills Delivery Team.
The primary purpose is the organisations strategic redirection to focus growing Prevista’s delivery of the highest quality of apprenticeships, training and services in line with an ambitious business goal.
You will be accountable for the achievement of all performance targets for all areas of activity e.g. learner selection, retention and achievement targets across all provision
You will be expected to balance the commercial needs of the business with the needs of employers and learners, lead and inspire the Skills team to achieve maximum results for learners in achieving their qualification.
The post holder must have a full understanding of ESFA funded programmes, the new Levy arrangements, Ofsted and awarding body requirements with strong leadership direction.
- To be accountable for the leadership, management and development of the Apprenticeship and Traineeship provision ensuring that the quality of delivery is of the highest standard and targets are achieved in accordance with contractual arrangements.
- To collaboratively work with the employer services division to design our offer to include a suite of qualifications that meet the needs of employers in an increasingly competitive market.
- To lead and manage direct reports using the Balanced Score Card model and the company’s performance appraisal process and learning and development strategy.
- To direct the skills team in managing caseloads ensuring that all learners are progressing well in all areas of their qualification and timely action is taken to progress learners to completion.
- To challenge and support the delivery staff to be innovative in all aspects of delivery and drive a blended learning approach to delivery including the use of e-learning resources.
- To ensure that delivery of teaching and learning is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the learners and employers in collaboration with the Head of Quality.
- To work collaboratively with the Senior Manager Team, Executive and Board of Directors to set the strategic direction and growth of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Making a visible, tangible and quantifiable contribution to the Executive and Senior Teams
at Prevista and its commercial, quality and social goals.
- Contribute to the development of the financial strategy, and its implementation across the company, working alongside the Senior Management and Executive Team.
- To lead on the implementation of policies and procedures throughout the delivery team. Contribute to the sharing of good practice and support continuous improvement through the Company.
- Actively championing the culture & values of Prevista through use of appropriate language & behaviour, acting as a mentor to staff across the business.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrating an ability to motivate and develop individuals and team contribution
- Senior management skills and evidence of practical application of these
- Business process re-engineering and integration skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and delivering high quality results to meet contractual, regulatory and financial objectives
- Expertise in senior level programme and contract management and execution
- Proven ability in developing, implementing and delivering multi-site contracts
- Good standard of IT skills with experience of a variety of MI and accounting systems
- Ability to anticipate and react to external factors in the market and deal with these proactively
- Able to communicate and inspire, with honesty and integrity, to create a new level of thinking that will realise results – with an emphasis on quality interventions with all of our customers and clients
- Strong in building relationships and communicating at all levels across the company
If you would like to apply for this job please forward your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org