Skills Team Leader
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum
Prevista Ltd, United House, North Road, Islington, London, N7 9DP
Our ethos is to support every learner, young person, entrepreneur and delivery partner to achieve their maximum potential and ensure that success is sustainable. Our client delivers government-funded services across four key strands: Employment, Skills, Youth Provision and Enterprise.
Skills Team Leader Benefits:
- Bupa Cash plan
- Workplace pension
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays, increase to 25 days after 1 year in service
The primary purpose is the organisations strategic redirection to focus on growing Prevista’s delivery of the highest quality of apprenticeships, training, and services in line with an ambitious business goal.
You will be responsible to support the Head of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment on the achievement of all performance targets for all areas of activity e.g. learner selection, retention and achievement targets across all provision.
The post holder must have a full understanding of ESFA funded programmes, the new Levy arrangements, Ofsted and awarding body requirements with strong leadership direction.
Skills Team Leader Responsibilities:
- To support the leadership, management and development of the Apprenticeship and Traineeship provision ensuring that the quality of delivery is of the highest standard and targets are achieved in accordance with contractual arrangements
- To collaboratively work with the employer services division to support the design of our offer to include a suite of qualifications that meet the needs of employers in an increasingly competitive market
- To support direct reports using the Balanced Score Card model and the company’s performance appraisal process and learning and development strategy
- To direct the skills team in managing caseloads ensuring that all learners are progressing well in all areas of their qualification and timely action is taken to progress learners to completion
- To challenge and support the delivery staff to be innovative in all aspects of delivery and drive a blended learning approach to delivery including the use of e-learning resources
- To ensure that delivery of teaching and learning is of the highest standard and responsive to the needs of the learners and employers in collaboration with the Head of Teaching Learning and Assessment
- To work collaboratively with the Senior Manager Team, Executive and Board of Directors to set the strategic direction and growth of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Making a visible, tangible and quantifiable contribution to the Executive and Senior Teams at Prevista and its commercial, quality, and social goals
- Contribute to the development of the financial strategy, and its implementation across the company, working alongside the Senior Management and Executive Team
- To lead on the implementation of policies and procedures throughout the delivery team. Contribute to the sharing of good practice and support continuous improvement through the Company
Skills Team Leader Requirements:
- A proven track record of high-performance programmes, contract delivery and turning around underperforming delivery
- Understanding of Apprenticeships and Traineeships programmes
- Experience of assessor management and driving performance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the education and skills industry
- Strong management leadership skills demonstrating an ability to motivate and develop individuals and team contribution
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and delivering high-quality results to meet contractual, regulatory and financial objectives
- Proven ability in developing, implementing and delivering multi-site contracts
- Good standard of IT skills with experience of a variety of MI and accounting systems
- Ability to anticipate and react to external factors in the market and deal with these proactively
- Strong in building relationships and communicating at all levels across the company
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Skills Team Leader role please apply now!