Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £26,500 - £28,000 per annum
Prevista Ltd, United House, North Road, Islington, London, N7 9DP
Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £26,500 – £28,000 DOE
Our ethos is to support every learner, young person, entrepreneur and delivery partner to achieve their maximum potential and ensure that success is sustainable. We deliver government funded services across four key strands: Employment, Skills, Youth Provision and Enterprise.
Through this broad portfolio of funding we support people of all ages, from a young person at risk of leaving education through to adults achieving Level 5 qualifications whilst in work and entrepreneurs seeking to grow our business.
Functional Skills Tutor Responsibilities:
- Teach and assess Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT on apprenticeship programmes
- To support assessors in diverse vocational areas, to embed Functional Skills into learners’ work-related practice and session plans
- Devise a programme of learning with appropriate teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments, to ensure the quality of the learning experience is maintained on the programme
- Maintain records of learner’s progress and achievement and communicate these to tutors, learners and employers as required
- Maintain attendance plans and registers and update as required
- To support and adhere to internal and external quality assurance processes and procedures
- To support monthly sampling and moderation of the quality of delivery of Functional Skills.
- Advocate the importance of Functional Skills amongst staff, employers and learners.
- Maintain and reconcile invigilation records of all exams taken.
- Ensure the health and safety of learners in accordance with our client’s Health, Safety and Welfare Policies and the Safeguarding of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy
Functional Skills Tutor Requirements:
- Teaching Qualification at least to Level 4 (CTLLS/DTLLS/CertEd/PGCE)
- Experience in delivering Functional Skills at level 2
- GCSE or Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT (A-Level preferable)
- Working knowledge of current GCSE Maths and English Standards
- Ability to motivate and inspire individuals to learn and achieve in the classroom and the workplace
- Ability to plan learning in line with Ofsted requirements
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities, Cultural Diversity and the Safety, Health and Welfare of self and others
- Commitment to creating culture that embody positive change, continuous improvement, health and safety, safeguarding and equality and diversity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of OFSTED
- Assessors/Verifiers Award D32/34 / A1
- Delivering GCSE
- Experience of delivering work-based training
- Ability to manage projects to ensure that KPIs are met
- Experience of delivering full apprenticeship programmes
Functional Skills Tutor Benefits:
- 23 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, increase to 25 after 1 year in service
- Workplace Pension
- Bupa Cash Plan Scheme
- Company Socials
If you think that you are suitable for this Functional Skills Tutor role, please apply now!